Thursday, October 26, 2006

ACM Conference

I attended an ACM Conference this past weekend at the University of Illinois @ Urbana/Champaign. Speakers included Chris DiBona, Robert Cringely, Burnie Burns, Max Levchin, among others. It was great to meet these folks and hear what they had to say.

One talk I attended was Jeffrey Altman, of OpenAFS & Kerberos fame. At his talk, I was reminded of a link that I've been meaning to post for a long time. It deals with OpenAFS, which, unfortunately, was not a large part of Jeffrey Altman's talk.

1 comment:

jaltman said...

Andrew, I'm sorry if my talk disappointed you by not spending enough time discussing OpenAFS. I give talks in many other forums on AFS and Kerberos. I felt the ACM Reflections conference was an opportunity to provide a talk that would be more inspirational.

I encourage you to attend the AFS & Kerberos Best Practice Workshop that will be held May 7th to 11th at Stanford Linear Accelerator Center for a much more comprehensive set of talks on OpenAFS.

Jeffrey Altman